Have any of your Knit Spin Farm yarn lovingly cranked into a sock tube! My husband Bill will crank your yarn into a tube, and you'll just add heels, toes, and cuffs to make socks!
Your tube will ship within two weeks of your order.
We need the following info from you: Please leave a note in the comments when you check out, or make sure I can contact you via email. If any of this information is missing from your order, I will contact you via email. If I don't receive a reply within a few days, we'll make our best guess so that your order is not overly delayed.
- How many stitches in your tube - 64 or 72?
- Approximate gauge or tube circumference? We can do 7-9 stitches per inch (or 10 spi on 72 stitches only). (see note below)
- Crank the whole 115 g, or leave some in reserve? It takes about 20-25 g to knit heels, toes, and cuffs. You could likely get two pairs of socks from a 115g tube if you use contrasting yarn for heels, toes, and cuffs.
Regarding gauge and tube circumference: Since you will be adding hand knitting to the tube, we suggest matching the cranked gauge to your hand knit gauge. You can measure your gauge by counting the number of stitches in one inch on a recently knit sock. Your gauge and the number of stitches will determine the circumference of your tube.
Example: 64 stitches at 8 stitches per inch (spi) = 64/8 = 8 inch tube circumference
72 stitches at 9 spi also equals 8 inch tube.
A general guide:
- 7 inch tube - women's small
- 8 inch tube - women's medium/ men's small
- 9 inch tube - women's large/ men's medium
Corriedale is a thinner yarn and is best at 8.5 to 9 spi.
Targhee Fingering is more plump and makes a tight fabric at 8 spi
Targhee Sport is the only yarn we'd recommend at 7 spi.
We will gladly take our time and work with you to make sure you're happy with the tube we crank for you! Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or requests for advice!